Friday 22 October 2010

Whats Your Favourite Nas Quote?

”I sip a Dom P watching Ghandi until I’m charged, then writing In my book of rhymes all the words past the margin”-Nas, The World Is Yours

And you questioned why he reached for the title of king of New York. Coming from his song The World Is Yours on the second best hip hop album ever Illmatic, this quote is simply enjoyable. Over tingling keys and a deep drum loop, Nas plays with words and theories that most couldn’t even dream of. The way he propels the words is so simple yet so unique as he takes the listener down his past. At the ripe age of eighteen, Nas had the mental capacity of a eighty-year-old and he takes the listener through a Queens Bridge movie. This quote is the first sentence of the song as is a flash back into the past. The freshness and creativity of his words is nothing like I’ve ever heard before. I'm a massive NaS fan and always feel he kinda gave up on music a while ago, one of the biggest talents still? I guess we will never know. 



By L

No comments:

Post a Comment